About the course
Conflict resolution is a vital component of a healthy work environment because a breakdown in communication and collaboration can lead to increased patient errors.
Handling conflicts in an efficient and effective manner results in improved quality, patient safety, and staff morale, and limits work stress for the caregiver.
This course aims to introduce nurses to the different types of conflict that can occur in work and personal life, reasons why conflict can arise, and various conflict-handling styles to help effectively manage conflict. It also encourages nurses to learn and master conflict management strategies and apply in their professional and personal lives.
- Recall the definition and summarise the nature of conflict.
- Recognize the different ways people act and react when experiencing conflict.
- Explain the process and different levels of conflict.
- Relate conflict and social behavioral problems.
- Find the causes or sources of workplace conflict.
- List the do’s and don’ts of workplace conflict.
- Apply the understanding to more effectively assess and manage the workplace conflicts.
- Summarise the fundamental concepts of conflict management.
- Examine barriers to conflict resolution.
- Utilise specific tactical approaches to conflict situations.
- Determine necessary skills needed in resolving conflicts.
- Adapt the practice of identifying and handling conflict in a sensible, fair and efficient manner.
2 Hours (Self-Paced)
Student Handbook - Part 01 Student Handbook - Part 02 Student Handbook - Part 03 Student Handbook - Part 04
Exploring Conflict Part 01 Exploring Conflict Part 02 Exploring Conflict Part 03 Stages of Conflict Exploring Conflict Part 04
Workplace Conflict Part 01 Teamwork-in-healthcare-problem-solving Workplace Conflict Part 02 Workplace Conflict Part 03 Applying the understanding to more effectively assess and manage the work place conflicts Workplace Conflict Part 04
Management Of Conflict Part 01 5 Styles of Conflict Management Management Of Conflict Part 02 How To Deal With Conflict & Confrontation Management Of Conflict Part 03 Nursing Conflict Resolution Management Of Conflict Part 04
Nurses’ perceptions of conflict as constructive or destructive THE COSTS OF AMBIENT CULTURAL DISHARMONY: INDIRECT INTERCULTURAL CONFLICTS IN SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT UNDERMINE CREATIVITY PSYCHOSOCIAL RISKS RELATED TO WORK: PERCEPTION OF NURSING PROFESSIONALS Role of Emotional Intelligence in Conflict Management Strategies of Nurses Working and Care-giving: The Impact on Caregiver Stress, Family-Work Conflict, and Burnout Conflict resolution styles in the nursing profession Mediating the effects of work–life conflict between transformational leadership and health-care workers job satisfaction and psychological wellbeing Nurses’ ethical conflict with hospitals: A longitudinal study of outcomes Conflict in medical teams: opportunity or danger? THE COSTS OF AMBIENT CULTURAL DISHARMONY: INDIRECT INTERCULTURAL CONFLICTS IN SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT UNDERMINE CREATIVITY
How did we do?