About the course
Liver transplantation is used to treat life-threatening end stage liver disease where no other form of treatment is available. The transplantation procedure involves total removal of the diseased liver and its replacement with a healthy liver in the same anatomic location.
The nurse who is responsible for the care of liver transplant patients require special preparation to meet the patient's needs during the critical phases of the liver transplant process.
This course aims at enhancing the knowledge of nurses regarding liver transplantation, indications and contraindications of liver transplantation, types of donors and also the pre-operative and post-operative care of liver transplantation.
- Define liver transplantation.
- Identify the history of liver transplantation.
- Outline the indications and contraindications of liver transplantation.
- Identify types of donors and types of liver transplantation.
- Determine high risk donors.
- Identify the steps for transplantation.
- List the members of the transplant team.
- Apply routine preoperative care in liver transplantation.
- Assess preoperative care for the liver transplantation patient with FAP.
- Develop pediatric preoperative preparation for liver transplantation.
- Inspect immediate and routine postoperative care of liver transplant patients.
- Determine postoperative complications.
- Understand post-operative discharge teaching.
2 Hours (Self-Paced)
Student Handbook - Part 01 Student Handbook - Part 02
Liver Transplant - Pre And Post Nursing Care Part 01 - Introduction Liver Anatomy And Function | Human Anatomy and Physiology Video Liver Transplant - Pre And Post Nursing Care Part 02 - Introduction Liver Transplant | Cincinnati Children's Liver Transplant - Pre And Post Nursing Care Part 03 - Introduction
Liver Transplantation Pre Operative Care Part 01 Preoperative preparation Liver Transplantation Pre Operative Care Part 02
Liver Transplantation Post Operative Care Part 01 Post-Operative Care for Liver Resection Liver Transplantation Post Operative Care Part 02 Is It Possible To Prevent Rejection After Liver Transplantation? Liver Transplantation Post Operative Care Part 03 What problems may arise after liver transplantation Liver Transplantation Post Operative Care Part 04 Liver Transplant: The Surgery, Recovery and Quality of Life Liver Transplantation Post Operative Care Part 05
Solid-Organ Graft-Versus- Host Disease After Liver Transplant: A Case Report Familial amyloid polyneuropathy — an indication for liver transplantation Effect of elastic bandage wraps on leg edema in patients before and after liver transplant How did we do?
How did we do?
New topic selection, relevant for the today's medical field. Also informative.
New topic selection, relevant for the today's medical field. Also informative.Read Less